Bonhams has conducted an all-Aston Martin sale at Newport Pagnell since 1999, but none has achieved higher results than the auction conducted over the weekend of 18 May 2013. In all, the event earned £10M from the sale of all 47 cars offered, and prices were generally strong across the board.
Bonhams set a new record for high price of an Aston Martin sold at public auction with the fantastic Bertone-bodied 1960 Aston Martin DB4 GT “Jet” coupe. The one-of-a-kind car had not been available since 1986, and it sold for £3,249,500, including buyer’s premium. Other notable buys include a 1958 DB Mk III Saloon that sold for a strong £214,300, a remarkably original 1964 DB5 Saloon that traded for £320,700, and a handsome 1956 Lagonda 3-Litre Saloon that sold very well at £64,220.
- 1960 Aston Martin DB4 GT “Jet” Coupe sold for £3,249,500
- 1964 Aston Martin DB5 Convertible sold for £510,000
- 1968 Aston Martin DB6 Mk I Volante sold for £460,700
- 1965 Aston Martin DB5 Saloon sold for £460,700
- 2000 Aston Martin Vantage Volante Special Edition SWB sold for £404,700
- 1964 Aston Martin DB5 Saloon sold for £320,700
- 1964 Aston Martin DB5 Saloon sold for £315,100
- 1969 Aston Martin DB6 Vantage Volante sold for £309,500
- 1964 Aston Martin DB5 Saloon sold for £303,900
- 1964 Aston Martin DB5 Saloon sold for £259,100
Next on the event calendar for Bonhams is its 25 May 2013, Spa Classic sale in Francorchamps, Belgium. More than 55 cars have been consigned, including a 1964 Ferrari 275 GTB, a 1942 Alfa Romeo 6C 2500, and a 1974 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 3.0 coupe.