7 Reader Comments

• 1
    Ernie Jupp Eltham, London SE9 3PQ July 29, 2016 at 14:40
    I can't wait for the draw !
  • 2
    David Bevan-Thomas Lavant July 29, 2016 at 16:03
    What a wonderful opportunity. I am old enough to remember the dog fights over Kent and Sussex. My Wife is a Kentish girl and remembers the parachutes falling from the damaged aircraft involved. David Bevan-Thomas
  • 3
    Joe Oxspring Pershore Worcs. July 29, 2016 at 17:00
    Third generation Pilot with Oxspring name. Cousin was Group Capt. Bobby Oxspring of Battle of Britain fam
  • 4
    Ian Maxwell Marlborough, Wiltshire July 30, 2016 at 03:37
    What a brilliant idea! Hats off to Hagerty, Boultbee and all wartime Spitfire pilots!
  • 5
    Vince Carr N Yorks August 2, 2016 at 13:30
    Sounds good to me ! All I have to do now is win the flight and then I will finally know which is more exciting - driving my Series One Land Rover or being flown in a Spitfire. PS Do Hagerty also insure the Spitfire and what is it's agreed value !!!!!!!!!!!
  • 6
    George Berger St Ives Hampshire September 29, 2016 at 18:43
    I saw many dog fights in the skies above essex between spiitfires and messersmitts as a child. My partners dad flew spitfires and survived the duration. Does Fit It Collis ring a bell with anyone?
  • 7
    George Berger St Ives Hampshire October 1, 2016 at 04:04
    I remember fighter dog fights during the war when living in Essex. I have a partner who father flew spitfire worries and survived the war. Anyone have any recollections. His name was Flt It James Richard Collis. Great idea the draw. If a winner will it be or daughter of James??